Sunday, August 28, 2016

A Special day in Agona

Today was Linda's baptism day!  She told me last week that she would be baptized this week and that I should arrange a dinner party for her... She has a great sense of humor!  She is going to be a really great addition to our Branch and a strong member.  Elder Adjei on the left and Elder Yates on the right.  Elder Adjei is from Ghana and Elder Yates is from Hawaii.  She was also taught the gospel by Elder Porritt who has since been transferred to Konongo.  When we asked Linda how she was introduced to the church she said that a very small girl saw the missionaries on the street, came to Linda's home and asked her to come to church with her, then invited the missionaries inside to visit with Linda.  Amazing...."and a little child shall lead them."

The Agona Branch members that came to support Linda during her baptism.  Our Branch members are so great at supporting one another!  They all came together in one trotro. Our branch does not have a working baptismal font so we all travel about 7 miles to Asamang to do the baptisms.

Thomas sat on my lap during the meeting.  He wanted to hold the songbook and sing!

This is Thomas' older brother, Junior.

Ha Ha!  I was taking photos of the Baptism candidate and Stephanie crept up behind me so I quicky reversed my photo screen and got a shot of her!  She's pretty quick...note the tongue sticking out of her mouth?

Precious was baptized last week and confirmed today.  She is almost YW age.

Clarissa was my meeting buddy today.  Isn't she a cutie?!  Her mom was making her smile.

Clarissa is 5 months old.  Don't you just love her chubby little cheeks and that curly hair?!

Clarissa and I stood at the back of the room....I nabbed her when Sunday school began.  Don't you just love her little outfit?  She was such a good baby all through the meetings.   It's been such a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment