Sunday, August 28, 2016

Elvis Antwi is on his way!

Elvis Antwi (on the right) is the first missionary from our branch to go on a mission.  On the left is his older bother and his older sister is in the center.  Three of his cousins also came which made him so happy.
This picture was taken right after his farewell meeting.  Albert (Elvis' brother), myself, Elvis and Elder Halladay.

Elvis is in the center and is surrounded by many of his Agona branch family members.

These little cuties helped him carry his belongings out to our vehicle so that we could take him to the Mission home.  They kept asking where he was going...I bet he's gonna miss them.

Elvis asked me to help him organize his suitcase before he left.  It made me a bit teary eyed and brought back lots of memories of helping my own boys to pack for their missions.  He refers to Elder Halladay and I as dad and mum.

Packing everthing!

He's been set apart by the Mission President.  He and the Elder next to him are both headed to the Accra Ghana MTC and then off to Nigeria.  It was a very quiet car ride to the airport.  I think there were lots of butterflies in their bellies!

Just arriving at the Kumasi airport and waiting for their airplane to depart.  Neither of them had ever flown on an airplane.  It's just a start to many adventures to come!  We are sure gonna miss Elvis.  I waited in the car so I wouldn't cry in front of him.  Don't know if I will ever see him again in my time on this earth, but we are for sure going to keep in contact and I know I will see him in the life after this.  Gonna miss that young man something awful!  He's off to do great things for the Lord in Benin City, Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment