Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Agona Branch Members

We have been assigned to the Agona Branch. They are a new Branch of about 22 people. Elder Halladay is the Branch president for now. The members are strong and attend regularly. Hopefully, they will bring in new members to build their congregation. 



These are the RS sisters of the Agona Branch. The sister in green is Sister Barney who has been the Kumasi Ghana Mission nurse. These women are united and happy women. They are strong women who weather the challenges of life and share their resources. I admire them greatly. 


Today the Primary children all drew their own pictures of Jesus Christ. They were very proud to share their pictures with me. :)
                                                                        The children love you to take a photo of them and then show it to them. It's fun for them and many are good at posing for you. Lol.  Cameras are not something they see much of here. 
     

The entry at the Branch building has a tiled ramp. The little ones like to slide down it on their bellies after church. It's funny to watch them laugh and play as they slide.  Who knew such a simple thing could be so much fun!

How precious is this?  I'm not sure if these two are related in any way. I think they're just buddies. The people of Ghana have a sense of 'community family'.  They're tribal. It's their heritage. The members look after one another. You will see children sitting with other members of the congregation instead of their own parents and it's normal to them. Everyone is family. This week I was sitting on a row by myself when the meeting started. A few minutes into the meeting a little boy came to my row and climbed over me into the chair next to me with a giant smile on his face. Then two more children joined us. It was wonderful to be a part of their community of family because of a little child's love. I even received a giant hug around my knees from one child. 😄

Ghana really is a wonderful place to be. I'm so glad we came. 

No comments:

Post a Comment