Tuesday, September 8, 2015

We have arrived!


We had the pleasure of attending our first Sunday meetings this week. The people are very friendly and welcomed us warmly.  I especially enjoyed these cute little ones!

This woman has her little child on her back. Everyone carries their little ones this way. They showed me how they wrap them on their bodies.  It looked pretty simple and I wondered how they keep the wrap fastened!  Apparently it works for them. 

  This shows some of the beautiful clothing worn here by the women. It's typical to see them dressed this way. 

They all carry their wares on their head. I've even seen them carrying laundry bags and huge bundles of wood. 

This gentleman was at the tollbooth. 

Here is one mode of transportation used here. Often they are way overloaded.  

Villages such as this are found in the upper northern area of Ghana. We had the opportunity to visit the northern area last week. It was wonderful!  I will post photos of some of what we saw later. We are very happy and so grateful to be serving here among these kind people. 

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing these pictures but I love even more hearing the excitement and awe in your words. I can feel the love you already have for these people.

    ReplyDelete