Saturday, September 19, 2015

The road to Agona



We go to a small village called Agona, North  of Kumasi for church. It is a branch of about 20 members. Michael is now a counselor in the Branch Presidency to help them with leadership training. It takes an hour an a half to get there and two hours to get back. We leave at 7:30 AM and get home around 3 PM. It is very beautiful once we leave the city. We will post more pictures tomorrow of our weekly trip to Agona.

For you map browsers look up Agona Ghana!

4 comments:

  1. These posts are great mom! I love the pic of you with the broom, you look very happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I am loving this day by day stuff. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I am loving this day by day stuff. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I found out that our ward was an Hour and a half away, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't let the distance be an issue. There were times that when we finally got to church they had cancelled it because of snow storms and blizzards. No problem with that in Ghana. Our drive to church was enjoyed mostly because of Scriptures on Tape/CD and Church music CD's and NPR... I noticed that the people of Ghana drive on the correct side of the road. Yeah for you, no learning to adjust that habit. :-) You may not know how you touch the people of Ghana, but you will. Do not get discouraged, have faith in your lifelong preparation and rely on the Holy Ghost in all things. We all love you and are so happy you get this experience. Love, Terrilyn

    ReplyDelete