Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Fashion

Our Missionary Sisters like their photo ops too!


I saw this picture while visiting in Accra.  I love the way the women are depicted here.  It's true to life here.

Blingin' shoes!

Clothing for sale at a roadside market.  Everything is very colorful and handmade.
   Sister Wardle, our Mission nurse, borrowed a book with pictures of clothing that you can have made by the seamstresses here in Ghana.  Those who sew for a living can make most anything you want them to.  Some use patterns, but most will just take your measurements and then ask you what material you want and what you want the dress to look like.  They usually don't use many pins to hold the fabric together as they sew and they often use a hand-cranked machine.   I took a few photos of the pictures in the book Sister Wardle had.  They're found below.  This kind of fashion is seen along the streets of Ghana most every day as we travel around along with many other types of clothing.

Full bodied curves are a indication of wealth here in Ghana and desirable.

I'm always amazed that they will be wearing long sleeved shirts, pants, jackets and dresses in such hot weather!

A favorite of mine.

You will see these outfits in many different colors and prints.  They really like bright colors.



I have to admit, I have not seen these women's pants on anyone but, the men's shirts like this are everywhere. 

7 comments:

  1. I need one of those ultimate gentlemen suits in Orange and blue....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you're doing. I'll take the orange one. But where to get matching canes?... - Tay

      Delete
    2. Could've predicted that...

      Delete
  2. I love the curves.. I think I shall now tell people I am from Ghana. Love the colors too. And happy birthday to Elder Halladay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Mike.

    Corey Fullmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I will need those awesome pants please. If it works in Ghana, it can work in Florida, right?

    ReplyDelete